Facebook, Google Login
Registration

Translater

Select:
Google
Babel Fish
Live

Current language: en

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 32767

TM 2 Data Tracker info & announcements 
AuthorMessage
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Cash on hand: 0.00 Goldcoins

howyouplay: Keyboard
Start Number: 53
Man call him :: Nobody
Post TM 2 Data Tracker info & announcements
Hello all TM 2 racers!

Here I would like to introduce a system I made for tracking Trackmania2 results for "Laps" type of races (the ones we drive in our championships). This will be a long post so I decided to divide it into 3 parts. First a little technical gibberish for geek-like members (I'll shorten this as much as I can), then in the second part how to use the system and what it actually does, and third part some (hopefully) helpfull tips&tricks and a demonstration of each query #zuzwinker

Part 1 - behind the scenes
So, the mentioned system consists of: (you can skip this if you're not interested #blbl ):
  1. A XAseco plugin that stores ALL checkpoints info from all the racers and exports (serializes if you wanna be technical) it to a file after a race is finished. I made all the effort to make this plugin "lightweight" so it poses minimal load on the server during the race. So far I think it made no impact on driver lag or server load. Then Jahombre sends me that exported file so I can do my mumbo-jumbo transformations, as follows...
  2. After that, I made a PHP page that deserializes the exported info and from it, makes an SQL file used for importing the data to a database. That file is actually a series of SQL INSERT queries. But ofcourse, all this isn't run on the server anymore so it won't lag the system.
  3. Ofcourse there is the database (MySQL) with all the tables, references etc. that holds the data
  4. And finally there is the webpage that consists of a series of PHP, JavaScript, XML and CSS files (some images too hehe) that displays all this data. That being said, the "cool" thing about this is that this webpage can be expanded later on and improved in many ways, because the underlaying data is always there and can be used in many ways. That's where YOU jump in, but more on that later.

Part 2 - what am I talking about??
Here is a demonstration of the mentioned system. When you open the web page, you get this (click on picture to see full size):

The first step is to select a Query you want to run. They are grouped in (for now) three groups:
  1. Competition related queries (currently 4)
  2. Race related queries (currently 3)
  3. Driver related queries (currently 1)
I think this is pretty self-explanatory. For competition related queries you select a competition and then see some informations about it... As an example, lets say you want to see all the races driven so far in a championship/competition. You would then select the first option "> List of races". After that, a second dropdown menu would appear, and it would load with a list of all available competitions (so far it's the two competitions - IndyLegends and GT Season 2). Like this:

After you select an option you would like to see, you must every time press the "Show data" button. This is to lighten the load on the server, so it doesn't have to load data every time you select a different option and perhaps you didn't even want to see it.
The Race related queries have an additional, third dropdown menu, where you can select a specific race for the previously selected championship. It looks like this (this is fresh imagery, notice the race driven last night #blbl ):

If you change the competition (dropdown #2), the corresponding races in dropdown #3 will automatically load. You have to be careful though, it takes a short while and if you click on "Show data" very fast after changing some dropdown it might not have loaded completely so you end up with unexpected data (I plan to fix that in the future but its not a big problem anyway #schaem )

For driver related query (there is only one for now) you get a list of drivers in the dropdown. I think no picture is needed here, it's the same system as above #lol

Part 3 - Querying (at last)...
So, lets go through the queries, one by one...

• COMPETITION RELATED
    1. "> List of races" gives a list of races for the selected competition. Since this is our first query, I'll put some helpfull info on the picture, that can be applied for all the tables:
      On this picture you can also see that the table is initially sorted by the date of the race (column #4 - "Date"), so the last race is displayed - last... But, you can sort the table by any column where there are up/down arrows in the column header. So here all the columns are sortable, except the last one "DNF" (this is for technical reasons, but I doubt anyone wants me to explain it #blbl ). The green color for track name and # of drivers are fully customizable so someone with a better styling feeling can make suggestions if he/she wants #zuzwinker
    2. "> Driver point standings" displays a table where you can see current point standings for selected championship. Here is a picture:
      Here you can see that in the top right you can now change pages (since now there are more than 10 rows to display, which is the page size), and in the bottom left now the info has more meaning. You are seeing drivers ranked 1-10 from 33 overall in this competition. Also, you can sort the table to see which team has the most race starts, victories, pole positions or points (which is the default sort). With sorting, you can also do some more fancy stuff, for example: sort by one column first, and then, holding shift key, sort by another column (that second sort is applied only when first sort values are the same). On this table you might sort first by team name to get teammates together, and then (holding shift) sort by points, so the driver with more points is on top (but still teammates are near each other). Picture example:
    3. "> Points by races [graph]" is one of my favourites. With this query you get a nice graph which shows a cumulative of points, for each driver, by al the races in the selected championship. In addition to looking very nice (if I may say so), there are two cool things about this graph/chart. First, you can turn off/on individual races via the legend below the graph. All the points from that race will be removed and graph is updated accordingly! So for example, you can turn off the races which you didn't drive and see how you would stand if those races didn't exist #blbl Second neat thing is, when you mouse over a "section" of the graph, a nice popup jumps out, giving you info - the drivers name, track/race for which it applies, the points he/she got for that particular race and the total number of points he/she has. Also, if you turn off some races, the total number of points for a driver in the popup updates too! Since there are a lot of drivers, I made this chart quite big (vertically) so you can see more clearly... Here is a picture:
    4. "> Team point standings" is very similar to Driver standings (described above) so I won't bug you with that #lol
  • RACE RELATED
    1. "> Race results" - as it says, these are the race results #blbl I'll let you play with this one, as I'm sure you figured everything out a long time ago #lol
      Picture example:
      And sorting by start positions we can see that the team Vogel took the front row.
      Sorry that I didn't put colored nicknames and team names for all racers/teams, but I'll do that soon (hopefully) #zuzwinker
    2. "> Best laps and checkpoints" - yet another of my favorites, this lists all lap and checkpoint times of all the drivers. So initially you get the best 10 laps in a race, even if one driver has all 10 of them! Initially the table looks something like this (I changed page size to 25):
      But, here you can do some really fancy stuff with sorting! For example, sorting by "Nickname" first and then (holding shift) by "Lap" you can get all your (or any other drivers) lap and checkpoint times, from first to the last lap. With that you can very easily see your consistency during the race, when someone made a pitstop (or a big mistake) etc. It looks like this:
      Or, sorting first by "Lap" and then (holding shift) by "Lap time" you can see who had the best/worst times for laps 1, 2, 3, ... Looking at that, Dark Man had a little early start
      but he had by far the biggest time on lap 2 so he obviously made up for it (sorry Dark Man #blbl ) (also, I had best lap#3 time #lol )
      You can, of course, do the same stuff with the individual checkpoint times...
    3. "> Race positions [graph]" - another fancy chart/graph here! On it, you can see how the drivers changed positions during the race (measured at the end of every lap), lap by lap. Now, there are a few neat things about this chart and 1 bad one (sort of). First, you can hover your mouse over the lines and the popup will tell you which player is that, which lap and the current position. Second, when you hover your mouse over a line on the graph or a driver in the legend, his/her line will thicken, making it easier to spot throughout the chart. Third, you can turn drivers off/on by clicking on their names on the legend. And fourth, you can zoom in by clicking and dragging a line inside the chart. Say you want to see how your positions changed from lap 35-45. You would click inside the chart near lap 35 (x-axis), hold down the mouse, drag to lap 45 and release the mouse. And voila, you can actually see something now #blbl A "reset zoom" button will appear in the top right. How all that looks (normal and zoomed in):
      Now, there is a slight problem. For example, in the IndyLegends event (from 7.7.'12) there were ~20 drivers, with 205 laps. Multiply that and you get roughly 4000 data points to display at once! That is pretty hefty work so the chart may seem to "lag" and be unresponsive, and turning drivers off/on via the legend may take quite a few seconds, so be patient #zuzwinker The good side is, all that work (after the graph is initially loaded) takes place client-side (on your computer) so my hosting server doesn't suffer (only your CPU) #lol
      (just so I don't scare somebody, it isn't really that bad, but you can turn on your task manager while manipulating the chart and see some nice activity #blbl )
  • DRIVER RELATED
    1. "> Race positions [graph]" - finally, the last Query. Here you can see all the races for individual drivers and how he/she finished. Not much to explain here, so here is a picture:
      You can see that Slaven chickened out of the Indy race so he got a DNF and a big red X from me #blbl

Addendum - last thoughts...
After all that, bear in mind, as I have been the only tester of the website so far (besides only shortly showing it to Cyrex/Jahombre), bugs are expected. If you notice any bugs or result irregularities, please report that to me, you can send me a PM.
Earlier I mentioned that the webpage can be expanded/improved and that's where you come in (if you wish ofcourse). So any ideas for new interesting queries will be considered if I have the time to put them in (and if it's feasible). Hope you like all this (and that you use it), at least some of you, and as I said before any suggestions or constructive criticism are welcome.
Sorry for such a long post and for bothering you with seemingly miniscule details, but after all, this is sort of a tutorial and I wanted to plant some ideas for you to build on #zuzwinker
If you read all of this, one big #respekt
I'll keep this topic locked for my future announcements and updates (hope someone uses this so I'll improve it), you can put your suggestions and questions in the other topic (or create your own if you think it's important enough #zuzwinker )

The website: http://ttco.x10.mx/

16. Jul 2012, 13:51
The following user would like to thank RR TTCO for this post
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Post Re: TM 2 Data Tracker info & announcements
One thing I forgot to say... You may have noticed that the data for best laps from my system may differ from the ones posted by Jahombre in official race results. For example, 1st Race GT Desert, in the results ( races-f274/1st-race-desert-8th-july-t1049.html ) you can see that Dome's best lap is listed as 0:28.508, but that time is actually transferred from his Quali session. In the Data Tracker (i really need to figure out a cool name for this #blbl ) you can see that during the race his best lap time is 28.613 (lap #14) #zuzwinker

16. Jul 2012, 13:52
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

This is the first official "update" (a small one, but still...) of the "Data Tracker". So, most important things that have changed:
  1. Added a "icon" to the web page (green with red&orange "DT" letters). Again, I have no artistic skills whatsoever, but it should be easier to distinguish in your browsers tab list (or in the bookmarks if you put it there)
  2. Changed web page title, from "TM 2 - Test" to "TM 2 - Data Tracker"
  3. Fixed bug for some queries where you would get incorrect info regarding total row count, i.e.:
    (orange text, "filtered from...")
  4. Changed "Race results" query:
    • Made it look like Jahombres result table ( which he modified to look like this: races-f274/2nd-race-granada-15th-july-t1050.html ), with a few additional twists, as follows:
    • Implemented "Gap" display (as Cyrex requested) from the winner to all the other drivers, with nice, "smart" formatting (if less than a minute, don't display minutes etc.)
    • In the "Points" column, pole position additional point is displayed as "+1"
    • Removed the possibility to change page size for this query, it always displays all the results on a single page now.
    • When you hover your mouse over a table cell in the "Finish time" column, you get a nice tooltip/popup, which tells you three things (btw, yeah, I like this numbered lists #blbl ):
      1. gap to the row above
      2. absolute time
      3. gap to the row below
      The reason I wrote "row above" and "row below" and not previous and next driver is if you sort this table by any column, this information changes to follow the current table structure. For example, you could sort the table by "Team name", so team mates would be next to each other. Then you hover over the result time of one team member, and would see a gap to his team mate. That applies to the info in the tooltip, the "normally" displayed data (in the table itself) is always related to the race winner.
      The tooltip changes position to match your mouse #zuzwinker
    Examples:

"Normal" display:

Sorted by teams, you can see gaps between team mates...

And a few additional things...
  1. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but it doesn't hurt to repeat... If you see any errors on the page (wrong time, result, start position or similar) you can report it here so I can fix it. This is a rather large and complex system so bugs, errors or wrong data entries are always possible.
  2. If you have problems with "Race results" query (i.e. it's stuck loading), please clear your cache and try again. I've made some changes to a few XML files which are often cached by browsers so you may have to clear your cache to get the new version.
  3. Regarding brosers themselves... I know you won't change your browser choise because of this site, but a few informations:
    • Firefox - I use this browser myself, so probably you won't have problems with it (assuming it isn't a general system error/bug). Also, on Firefox the site looks like it should (by that I mean driver/team names), and behaves like it should (AFAIK).
    • Opera - here the site also looks very nice, but I get tiny lags when using the tooltip described above. Nothing serious, but just so you know #zuzwinker
    • Chrome - here driver/team names don't look exactly as they should (at least in my experience). Multiple shadows don't seem to work so the names seem a little weird, but it's no big problem
    • Safari - I don't have it currently so #nixweiss If someone has problems you can report it in the questions topic
    • IE - ah... you probably don't know it yet (Cyrex knows) but I really, really don't like IE. Never had, never will. It has always been very developer un-friendly, and continues to be so. I tested on IE 9, but some pretty trivial things don't work (never any troubles on any other browser), so... Please, use a better browser (no offense IE users) #blbl

19. Jul 2012, 15:13
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Hey all! Here is a first bigger Feature update for TM 2 Data Tracker!
New features / changes are as follows:

1. I've rewritten the time formatting function, improved it a little, and simultaneously fixed a bug. I don't know if anyone noticed it, but before this fix it was visible in the "Race results" query, for GT S01R03, where in the popup between 2nd and 3rd placed it would say the gap is 0.93, when it was actually 0.093... I didn't mention it before, just wanted to see if anyone notices #blbl It's fixed now though (leading-zero-padding problem for milliseconds below 100).
  2. RR sm!e wrote:
    Maybe you could write the date of the last update somewhere on the starting page.

As my good teammate Sm!e suggested a few days ago, I've put a time of last update on the starting page. But not just that, I've separated Feature (like this one) and Data (e.g. race result entries) updates and both are shown in the top right corner, on the right side of the menu. To make it "user friendly" I've made two additional adjustments:
    • I've played around a bit with formatting and made a nice function which doesn't display plain dates, but prints out time elapsed in "human readable form", e.g. "Last feature update: 43 minute(s) 22 second(s) ago" or "Last data update: 4 day(s) 4 hour(s) ago". Only the two biggest time units are displayed, so if time elapsed is more than one day then it will display days and hours, if it's less than a day then it will display only hours and minutes, similarly it displays minutes and seconds if the last update was made less than an hour ago, and if you manage to load the page when the update was less than one minute ago then it will display only seconds #zuzwinker
    • I thought it would be nice to somehow get the users attention if a recent update was made, so if the update was less than 24 hours ago (one day) the text will be light red, if the update was between 24 and 72 hours ago (1-3 days) the text will be light yellow, otherwise it will be grayish (so that it "blends" in with the background).
    This value will update only on page load.
    Here is a picture that displays this (click for full size):

3. Next, I've put two radio buttons on "Race positions [graph]" query, where you can select whether the graph will automatically load with drivers displayed or hidden. As I've mentioned when discussing this update, the "ON" option is nice to see the whole race overview, and the "OFF" options is very neat if you want to look at only a few drivers (or maybe compare yourself to your teammate, rival driver or similar #zuzwinker )

4. Here we have a nice new query, as requested by Robbi, is a display of average values per race.
    trebor2k wrote:
    I only got 2 ideas that could be included to make it even better. The first one is to display the average lap time of drivers. ( -1 lap and -180 sec for warmup lap )

I've extended this idea a bit, and came up with this:

Circled in red are all average values (as denoted by the overline). Also, all these values ignore the first lap (intro lap, before grid). To the far right I thougth it would be interesting to display the actual finish position, because often players spend most of their race on one position and finish on another one... You can clearly see this in the last race (which is on the screenshot above), where the top 3 finishers are "mirrored" in their average and actual finish positions.
  5. Next update is a fancy one (if I may say so #blbl ).
    trebor2k wrote:
    The second one is about the race positions graph. i would even more like this one with y-axis showing the gap to 1st position. Like that you could see more easily where you lost how much time. Don't know if this is possible though.

Again, I've expanded this idea a bit, and came up with this... You can also select to show/hide data by default, but also you can select three options specific for this graph:
    1. Display all results relative to the current lap leader
    2. Display all results relative to the race winner
    3. Display all results relative to a selected driver (you can choose any driver which drove the selected race)
    I think all the options are pretty self-explanatory, so feel free to play around a bit and report any potential bugs (because this is a pretty complex graph to construct so quirks are possible). This graph gives many great options to view drivers race progression, be it relative to the winner, yourself or any other driver...
    In the picture below note a few things:
    • I've selected the last race driven
    • Display by default is OFF (I wanted to see only a few drivers so its much easier this way)
    • I'm showing all the gaps relative to a selected driver (here Cyrex)
    • Cyrexes line (light green) is always at 0, since his gap to himself is always 0 seconds, every lap #blbl
    • Y-axis displays all the gaps as seconds, since I can't put any fancy formatting here, but:
    • When you hover over a point on one of the lines, you do get a nicely formatted time string. On the screenshot I've hovered over Slaven's result (gap) in the 39th lap, and his gap to Cyrex (remember, all the results are relative to him) was -32.229 seconds. Of course, since the time is negative, Slaven was actually 32.229 seconds ahead of Cyrex.
    So, when you select the "Relative to Race winner" option, the race winner will be at Y-axis 0 value throughout the graph, and when you select "Relative to Lap leader" option, at every lap you can (hypothetically) get values relative to different driver (depends who is the leader at the end of which lap).

That's all for now, have fun with the new queries and feel free to write your opinions (positive AND especially negative so I can improve the flaws) #zuzwinker

3. Aug 2012, 22:47
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

One additional info/remark about the XAseco2 plugin.

I probably should have written this before, but I'd like to point out one thing:
When you join/connect/reconnect the server, your current race data (if any existed) is reset!
So please, during the race duration, do not connect to the server before the next round has started!
Here is a simplified diagram to clarify exactly what happens, to avoid future confusion:

( btw yes, the dotted lines/rectangles are ugly, but I just figured out how to make them very easily and efficiently in photoshop so I used them in the whole picture #blbl )

20. Aug 2012, 01:20
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

HEY HEY! Time for Data Tracker Feature Update #02!
Let's digg right in!

Functionality change: Table sorting
I have moved all table pagers in their top right corner. Somehow it makes more sense, and also, if a table changes it's size (due to rows being higher on the next page), the pager itself won't move (as it did when it was on the bottom part of the table). So you don't have to scroll now or move your mouse if you frequently change pages #zuzwinker

Query Update: Best laps and checkpoints
A long requested feature - you can now filter best laps and checkpoints by an individual driver! Default sorting is by "Lap time" (as usual), you can ofcourse sort by "Lap" to see your race progression and consistency. Samples below:

New Query: Best times for laps
This Query lists best times for each lap, and one time per lap only. So, the best time in lap 1, in lap 2 and so on. Note, if you sort the table by lap time, you will also get one time per lap only. So for example, if Robbi drives the best race time in lap 30, and Dome drivest the second best race time in the same lap, you will only get Robbi's lap (Dome's is in the same lap and won't show up although it's better than all remaining race laps). Default sort is by "Lap" (makes most sense). Here is the preview:

New Query: Best times for drivers
A pretty straightforward Query, displays best lap time for each driver. Also note, CP times aren't the best CP times overall, but CP times from driver's best lap! Default sort is by "Lap time". Here is the preview:

Sample picture #1

New Query: Driver race comparison
Now... This is interesting and different. For a long time I wanted to make some kind of driver comparison for a race (lap by lap). But the logic behind it (won't get into details) prevents me to put that into our "standard", well-known table type, used in all other queries (except graphs). Well, maybe it could be done but I'd have to change some stuff and make compromises, which I don't like. So I made something completely new #blbl
This time I'm not using a plugin to construct a table, instead, I'm making the whole table "by hand", which includes the structure, data, styling... The upside is: I can make everything as I want. The downside is: fancy paging and sorting is not available, because developing that for this table would take many hours to get it done properly... BUT! For the paging part, I simply put all the race laps on one page, so that means for 300 lap race you'll get 300 row table #blbl Not the most elegant solution and I would not use that in some commercial product, but I hope you don't mind. For the sorting part, only one additional sort column (other than default) makes sense (atleast I think so), so I made a checkbox for that #lol
Further explanation after the sample picture:

Sample picture #2
  1. All laps for Driver #1 are always absolute, but checking this will make times for Driver #2 relative, so it will show the difference between times. Look at sample picture #3. Also, unrelated to this option, red color for D#2 means he had worse time while green means better time. Ofcourse, lap times are compared to lap times, while race times are compared to race times... So in the sample picture, Robbi had worse time in Lap #3, but he was still in front of Mirosh by roughly 1.4s. (Mirosh 5:18.9 > 5:17.5 Robbi)
  2. Ordering by lap time does exactly that, but for both drivers! So, best lap time of D#1 is compared to the best lap time of D#2, second best to second best and so on... You can see that on sample picture #4 below. Race time comparison is removed here because it makes no sense (you can't compare race times of D#1 lap 28 to D#2 lap 13, for example).
  3. Select Driver #1 for comparison. When you change a race (or competition, which also changes the race), the list fills only with drivers that participated in the newly selected race!
  4. Same as above, but for Driver #2
  5. The first table shows general race info, such as start & finish positions, finish time and points for the race - all for both drivers. Ordering by lap time has no effect on this table, but changing to relative times shows the finish time of Driver #2 relative to Driver #1. If you want it the other way around you can switch the drivers from the drop-down menus. You CAN select the same driver in the both drop downs, but it doesn't make much sense #blbl I could have made it to hide driver selected in the first dropdown from the second one but I was too tired #blbl Maybe someday #zuzwinker
  6. The second table shows the comparison lap by lap, as described above.

Sample picture #3

Sample picture #4

New Query: Race gallery
I really looked forward to this! I just love this "fluid" galleries so I decided to make that for our races. Picture #5 shows how it looks:
  1. Gallery name
  2. Post date
  3. Person that made the gallery pictures

Sample picture #5
The green frame indicates that the mouse cursor is over the image, and then the image title is shown. You also get a nice animation from "standard" frame to the green one for all browsers except IE (for the X'th time - I don't use it and neither should you #blbl ...) When you actually open the gallery (see Picture #6), the title is also displayed in the bottom left corner, with the indication of the current picture number and total number of pictures in the gallery. As you can see in the Picture #5, one race can have multiple galleries, and when that happens, each gallery is treated separately, meaning the "full view" as seen in Pic #6 will only display the images from its particular gallery!
You can change the pictures by clicking on the sides of it with your mouse (standard stuff), OR by using the left and right arrows on your keyboard. You exit the gallery by clicking outside of it (somewhere in the darkened page background), or by clicking the X sign (see Pic #6), or by pressing Escape on your keyboard.
Oh, and note that Robbi's pictures are all the exactly same size so it looks very sleek, Cyrex's pictures differ a bit from eachother #zuzwinker

Sample picture #6

Now for the important part. I've by now only put in two galleries for S02R11, but IF someone wants to have his/hers gallery displayed on the Data Tracker, you can contact me via PM so I can send you the instructions. Nothing complicated, but if you only throw me the image links it would take me some time to format it correctly (especially if you send more galleries...). Sometime in the future I will make an automated script for gallery entry, but I think it won't be soon... Some things you will need to know are:
  1. The race this particular gallery refers to
  2. Gallery name
  3. For each picture: URL address. Note, you will need a hotlink URL, directly to the picture, not the page with all the banners and ad pictures around your image! So this is wrong and this is ok
  4. Optional: for each picture - A short caption (text) to show with it. Nothing special, you can look at Robbi's or Cyrex's galleries for examples. Just a few words to describe what is displayed on the picture. If you don't have (or want) a caption, no text will be shown.
  5. Optional, but reccomended: A picture thumbnail URL. When you don't specify a thumbnail, I have made that in the gallery overview (Pic #5) you see the original picture but very small. This may look OK, but it means all the "big" pictures have to be downloaded completely to see their small previews. So for two imaginary galleries, 10 pictures x 2MB each is 20MB just for seeing their thumbnails! You can see the effect of this for the S02R11 galleries. Robbi's pictures don't have thumbnails and Cyrex's have.
    Personally, I use tinypic (and I know Cyrex does too). When you upload a picture there, you automatically get a thumbnail generated, and to get it all you have to do is put "_th" (without quotes) before the image extension in it's URL. So for the picture
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2lseijb.jpg
    its thumbnail image (automatically generated when I uploaded the original) is:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2lseijb_th.jpg
    You can, ofcourse, use any image host you want, as long as it supports hotlinking. As I've said, thumbnails are optional but highly preferred.
    Yes, you can ask a very obvious question - why don't I store the image on my hosting server. The answer is - it's a free hosting with limited (stuff), and also it's much easier for me #blbl

If you don't see the new Queries in the dropdown, please clear your browser cache.
So that's about it for now, I hope you like the new stuff / queries / upgrades... As always, comments and suggestions are appreciated! #fuchtel

26. Sep 2012, 23:39
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Hey people!

This is not exactly a feature update, but I was playing with (researching) something about web design, so I used the Data Tracker to test some stuff #blbl
Now you can change (cycle through) "something" (I'll let you check out what) by clicking on the small picture next to the "Query help" (small blue ?) in the top right corner of the DT. And a nice thing is, your browser should remember what you chose, so the next time you visit the DT, that "something" should remain the same as the last time you were on the web site #zuzwinker

Oh, and for you with artistic skills (mine are bad anyways), if you have a desire to make your own "something", that is possible, so feel free to contact me!

Happy surfing! #fuchtel

3. Oct 2012, 00:03
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

There are some minor layout improvements and a few bugfixes, be sure to force no-cache refresh of the web page (CTRL+R / CTRL+F5 - depending on the browser). Some of them were visible before today and the most important are:
  • Made the entire "main" view slightly bigger, i.e. the left/right margins are now smaller
  • Made the "Select Query" and "Select competition" dropdown menus a little narrower too, so the "Select race" dropdown doesn't push the button too far to the right
  • The "bronze" background on "Race results" query is now a little brighter so the text is more visible (tnx to Cyrex for the suggestion)
  • The "empty" team is no longer listed in "Team point standings" table
  • Fixed a bug where CP4 column on "Best laps and checkpoints" query would sometimes be hidden when it shouldn't be (was an issue for FL Race 1)

26. Nov 2012, 23:24
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Inspired by one of our (Croatian) local web sites, I decided to shake things up a bit at the Data Tracker #blbl
For best results, use Google Chrome - Firefox behaves somewhat laggier, Opera even worse than that, IE - I have no idea since I don't have it anymore (that browser causes only trauma to my soul #blbl )

To go crazy, visit:
http://ttco.x10.mx/?crazy
And just do nothing #bg If nothing happens in ~10 seconds, please reload the page...
For "normal" experience, just use the normal link - without the "?crazy" at the end:
http://ttco.x10.mx/

Happy Shaking #lol

15. Mar 2013, 20:43
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]