Facebook, Google Login
Registration

Translater

Select:
Google
Babel Fish
Live

Current language: en

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 6085

TTCOrial & TM 2 Data Tracker Questions 
AuthorMessage
Roots Rock Admin
Roots Rock Admin||

Cash on hand: 0.00 Goldcoins

Highscores: 42
howyouplay: Keyboard
Start Number: 93
Man call him :: Dome
Post Re: TTCOrial & TM 2 Data Tracker Questions
Hey :)

1. I see you try to make a average. Its just the problem you really not know how to count that rounds with pitstop or things like that :P But I got a nice idea.

The pitstop is allways in first sector. This is a combination of things I know and maybe hard to explain but when you want I can show you how I mean it better in PM or with some trial code on my own :D So if the first sector is like +8 seconds to the best frist cp like 13.997 and you drive with pitstop 25.588, then it delete the round. And if its a problem, so you can make a little mistake after some pitstop then I got some work for ombre maybe, cause he could make a CP right after all the pitstops, on the track not in pitstop. Sorry for that work then but that is only a idea. But without and changing rounds it wouldn´t be bad aswell, cause the average should be right good. When you now delete this rounds you just devide it by the rest rounds.

2. Now my second idea, and I know its a bit STASI like xD xD xD But you could make out of this a pitstop mark. You save the rounds too in a new list (the one you delete that are to slow), and then you delete out of this the 1 round, cause its one without any sense :D

Then to the idea. Now we got this first cp and its normal average times. like 15.000 now you know a pitstop take 6 18,5 and 30 i think seconds. You know there is allways a little break so you add 2 seconds per pistop and see like when you drive (29.000 - 10 Pitstop 55.000 - 30 Pistop) And then you could add the pitstop startegy to the list.

Only ideas not wishes. I just don´t find the way into my project so fast and want to motivate myself with some nice ideas and this are maybe some ncie too :) If you don´t get the time Its not a problem :P And if you don´t understand write to me^^ I will PM you with some ExampleCode, but here it is to weird xD

Dome

GT Season I
GT Season II
KnockOut Season I
KnockOut Season II

4. Aug 2012, 13:13
Profile ICQ
The following user would like to thank RR Dome for this post
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Start Number: 53
Man call him :: Nobody
That's a lot of stuff you wrote about discarding pit-laps if I understood everything correctly #blbl
During average-stuff development I thought about something like that, but you always end up with some problems. And since I like lists so much I'll try to make one about the most obvious problems:
  1. The "development-related" issues would have to be considered, because every "system workflow" modification requires some time to implement and test (sometimes a lot). Normally I don't bother people with this, but since you're a programmer I'll write a few lines #blbl One big advantage of the current system is no need for client-side processing. Actually that's pretty important for any query where you get a table as a result (as opposed to graphs where there is a lot of client-side data processing). Client side processing is sometimes problematic here because:
    • You have to ensure you get the correct result no matter how the user sorts the data or changes pages.
    • Paging is no problem here because I've disabled it for this query, but you have to keep track of sorting.
    • That too wouldn't be a big problem here, but since this is a relatively big system, I've divided it into modules so it's (relatively) easy to add new stuff later.
    So, all the queries where you get a table as result work (very simplified) by this system: I give a SQL query with "placeholders" that get filled in before the request is sent to the server (actually I send a list of parameters that get put in at server side but you get the idea). The result set returned from the server already has more or less the data that needs to be displayed, so there is not much possibility to manouver around that (client side), since most of the core-table-functionality is handled by an external "add-on" that displays this nice tables. You can check it out here.
    Just for example, the "Race average values" query has this SQL:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT dr.tm_nickname AS Nickname, COUNT(la.lap_no) AS Laps, AVG(la.cp1) AS AvgCp1, AVG(la.cp2) AS AvgCp2, AVG(la.cp3) AS AvgCp3, AVG(la.cp4) AS AvgCp4, AVG(la.lap_time) AS AvgLapTime, AVG(la.current_position) AS AvgPos, rr.position
             FROM driver dr, driver_team dt, laps la, race_results rr
             WHERE dr.driver_id=dt.driver_id AND la.driver_team_id=dt.driver_team_id AND la.driver_team_id=rr.driver_team_id AND la.lap_no!=1 AND INNER AND INNER
             GROUP BY dr.driver_id
             ) t
    ORDER BY AvgLapTime

Nested SELECT had to be made to enable ordering for this query, since you can't order by column with group operation (such as AVG) inside the inner query. The two "INNER" values is where I specify a race for which I need the average for (la.race_id and rr.race_id - have to provide race_id for both tables since it's a double JOIN). So this is pretty basic and for everything to stay simple it would be far better to make all significant changes in this SQL query, rather than fiddle with the result set later.
    Server side manipulations would be no problem if I had a completely separate script to handle each query (which I don't, because of the system architecture - to keep it simple and multifunctional). Since datatables requires specific formatting of the data it needs to display, I've extended it's existing script for server side data fetching (which was very basic), and I use the same script for every query, I just send different SQL query and parameters.
    BUT, as I've already said, some sort of workaround could be made, if it weren't for the following issues:
  2. No matter how careful you are about filtering out "unwanted" laps, you can always make a mistake. For example, what if someone made a big mistake while entering the pits with shaky screen and lost 10 seconds there? You would filter out that cp or lap (because he/she was in the pits) and automatically remove one big error from the averages. No matter how close you put the checkpoints to the pit entry/exit, you will filter out the possible errors inside the pits. I don't claim they happen often but it's certainly possible. And that's only looking at the first, pit-checkpoint related average value. Furthermore:
  3. Let's look at the Lap average times. Suppose I make a pit stop at lap 20. You could (lets say) figure that out by looking at CP1 time (for example +10secs). So you remove that lap from the average calculation, right? But, what if I make a big mistake in the last corner of lap 20 that costs me 15 seconds? Again, I get away with a big mistake that doesn't show up on the averages.
  4. From the tactics perspective: Say I go 20-10-10-10 and you go 30-20. Now if you discard all the laps without the pit stops, say I made my 4 pit stop laps in 4:20, and you made your 2 pit stop laps in 3:45. Let's make the assumption that no mistakes were made in those laps. Now, it's obvious that you had much better tactics. Is it fair that you discard all those laps because they were pit stop laps? Some would surely say no, some probably yes... I suppose your argument "against" this point would be that you want the "pure" average of racing laps, but still I think it's a gray area... After all, pits are there to make your life difficult and you have to try to be best there too, not only in "normal" racing... Same as F1 #zuzwinker
Probably more points could be made both for and against removing pit lap times from the averages, but I don't know if it's worth complicating.
Maybe some other drivers have something to add or some ideas, don't be shy #lol
But nonetheless Dome, no matter how this turns out, I'm glad you took your time to write a suggestion and help improve the system #respekt

4. Aug 2012, 20:45
The following user would like to thank RR TTCO for this post
Roots Rock Admin
Roots Rock Admin||

Hey nice to see into the system a bit :) I understand the problems and really think you are right. One last question is if you can get Infortmations not only from the racetimes :D I don´t know if the MediaTracker is sending some data, but with that, just a word or something like that you could find out the pitstopstrategy.

To think about the average you are right :D But my tip here and I think this would be possible is just to delete the frist round, cause its the inlap and grid lap. The pistop laps are just laps that are counted too, cause the average speed in formel 1 is with pitstops too :) When it not work, I just want to mention it :)

Dome

GT Season I
GT Season II
KnockOut Season I
KnockOut Season II

5. Aug 2012, 00:33
Profile ICQ
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Unfortunately AFAIK it's not possible to get info from MediaTracker, or to know when someone goes through a specific block (e.g. pit entry or exit). I have looked into that a few times, googled it also, but no result. With the plugin, I am limited to subscribing to the events that Xaseco2 releases. You can find the list of those events here. In my plugin I currently use: onCheckpoint, onPlayerConnect, onPlayerDisconnect, onBeginMap, onEndRound. There are also xml-rpc method calls but that's another story and not applicable here. So to sum it up, I unfortunately can't detect pit entry/exit #nixweiss

Regarding the first lap, I already said it is excluded from averages calculation. In the update announcement:
RR TTCO wrote:
Also, all these values ignore the first lap (intro lap, before grid).

Also, you can see it in the SQL Query above, in the WHERE clause, there is a "AND la.lap_no!=1" part, so the first lap is not calculated in the averages (not for the cp averages, lap averages, or even position averages) #zuzwinker

5. Aug 2012, 12:56
Roots Rock Admin
Roots Rock Admin||

Ah right :D My fault :)
The docu is nice to understand your limits :D

What would be maybe nice is like another kind of your lap table. You show all laps of everyone. It would be nice to have the option to only show every lap, who was the best that lap. So you got like 48 rounds and see 1-48 allways the best one. :D

GT Season I
GT Season II
KnockOut Season I
KnockOut Season II

5. Aug 2012, 14:24
Profile ICQ

Start Number: 0
I don't want to stop the discussion about pit-stops but i just had another idea that could help drivers to analyze the race they did.

A graph, that just displays laps from one driver in relation to his/her average lap time. We've got some ways to visualize our race in relation to the race of others now. But our own race has no graph now.

I also Like the idea from Dome, to show the fastest 1st lap, fastest 2nd lap... fastest last lap. But this is possible by sorting the Best laps and Checkpoints query for Lap and Time. Then you're also able to see who did the best, 2nd best, worst time each lap.

But a short List that Displays the evolution of Fastest Race Lap could be cool. Normaly the first Lap should be the fastest Race Lap with 3:00.xx min. 2nd Lap is faster of course, but still got a pit stop. 3rd Lap is the first fast Lap.
Just a short List to show what i mean:
GP Marionaco - Fastest Laps:

Robbi: 3:00.773 ( Lap 1 )
Laurens: 1:26.034 ( Lap 2 )
Laurens: 56.673 ( Lap 3 )
Laurens: 56.620 ( Lap 4 )
Laurens: 56.128 ( Lap 5 )
Laurens: 56.040 ( Lap 12 )
etc.

maybe this will be a bit more thrilling on other maps :)
Of Course there can be several fastest Laps in one Lap. The driver on P1 drives fastest Lap, then the one on P2 is again a bit faster in that same lap. So Sometimes this list could become interesting i guess.

5. Aug 2012, 16:47
The following user would like to thank trebor2k for this post
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Another good idea Dome #top As Robbi pointed out, you can see that info with correct sorting/paging of "Best laps and Checkpoints" query, but this would certainly be much clearer to see. I'll include that in some future update.
Regarding Robbi's new ideas, I like the idea of comparing drivers laps to his average time. The "evolution of Fastest Race Lap" is also interesting, but similar to response to Dome a few posts ago, I'd have to whip up some server side processing for table display queries. I've thought about it a while and I think I've found a neat solution. Will put it on the to-do list #zuzwinker

But again I can't say anything about when this all might happen... This time it could (and probably will) be significantly longer than the last update, so please be patient #schaem
This of course doesn't mean you can't write suggestions in the mean time #bg

5. Aug 2012, 17:59

Highscores: 1

----

going to clear cache now, maybe that helps..
nope, doesn't :(
Any ideas? :)

26. Aug 2012, 22:45
Roots Driver
Roots Driver||

Same problem on my computer... #nixweiss

27. Aug 2012, 00:05

Same here. Don´t works with my IE and Firefox. #heul

27. Aug 2012, 00:12
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ] Go to page  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next