Roots Rock Admin
Roots Rock Admin||

Cash on hand: 20.00 Goldcoins

Highscores: 2
howyouplay: Gamepad
Start Number: 74
Man call him :: Hombre Wan Kenobi
Post 7th Race in Ulm
Image[html]<table style="background-image: url('http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb458/RootsCulturePage/RootsRockRacing/RREventPresents/GTS2Kleingrau.png'); width: 650px; border: 1px solid #9a7665;" align="center" frame="border">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><span style="color: #003300;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino;">Day</span></strong></span></td>
<td><span style="color: #003300;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino;">Qualy Start</span></strong></span></td>
<td><span style="color: #003300;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino;">Race Start</span></strong></span></td>
<td><span style="color: #003300;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino;">Track</span></strong></span></td>
<td><span style="color: #003300;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino;">Distance</span></strong></span></td>
<td><span style="color: #003300;"><strong><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino;">Lap Record</span></strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong><span style="font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: small; color: #800000;">19th August</span></strong></td>
<td><strong><span style="font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: small; color: #800000;">20:00 MEST</span></strong></td>
<td><strong><span style="font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: small; color: #800000;">20:15 MEST</span></strong></td>
<td><strong><span style="font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: small; color: #800000;">7th GT Ulm</span></strong></td>
<td><strong><span style="font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: small; color: #800000;">34 Laps</span></strong></td>
<td><strong><span style="font-family: 'book antiqua', palatino; font-size: small; color: #800000;"><span>1:12.845</span>&nbsp;<span></span><span>Midnight Man</span></span></strong></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>[/html]Image

12. Aug 2012, 16:01
Profile Visit website
Roots Driver
Roots Driver||

Cash on hand: 0.00 Goldcoins

Start Number: 82
Man call him :: Nobody
Post Re: 7th Race in Ulm
Just one thing before everybody hates me because of the Ulm Map from me...

I know that it is a selective Map.
It's my very first real and finished Map in Trackmania ever.
So please tell me what you like and don't like on the map,
so I can learn something.

But please be fair not only BILD-style comments.

I like it if a track has a few corners which are a bit
more difficult because i think these corners can make
a race more interesting.
Sometimes it'll be better to drive safe and don't risk
everything. And in such a corner like the first narrow
corner in the map, even someone like Dome oder Laurens
can make a mistake...

I'm very sad that i can't participate next GT Races,
especially the one on my own map,
cause i must admit that i'm very proud
that ombre took my map to make a
GT Map out of it...

15. Aug 2012, 19:27
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Highscores: 19
howyouplay: Keyboard
Start Number: 13
Man call him :: Newspaperman
Three things..
First, I don't like long tracks.. 1:10 minutes is a bit too long for me, and especially where there is a lots of turn (around 20) so it's very hard to get one good lap without any mistakes, so that require lots of practice and we don't have time for that..
Second, I wish that there is a better light in the tunnels cause in few turns it's a big shadow, so it's hard to see where do you need to cut to turn..
And third, that first turn is a very hard.. It's narrow, it isn't flat, and if you go little aside you can hit those arrow signs or easily went of the track, so therefore I'm forced in the race to always go smart here and release throttle so I have proper racing line, no matter I lose some time there..

But, hard tracks always give unexpected result, and although I didn't like Spamalot, I came there 7-th, so maybe on this track I will be even better.. #zuzwinker

15. Aug 2012, 20:33
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Start Number: 53
Just to pitch in, I think if you ask ten persons to give you an honest opinion about a track you will get ten different answers.
So my view is it's overall a nice, interesting track. True, it is different from the others, but that's actually great, because if you got similar tracks every week it would get boring really fast. About the hard turns, although some may not like them, they can often be interesting and bring an additional amount of calculation to your race. You can always go slow and consistent, or you can risk it... maybe like Eau Rouge at Spa Francorchamps (in the old days, now its flat out for all F1 cars). But ofcourse, the contrary argument is that "the good" vs. "the bad" driver difference here is multiplied several times and you get big gaps between drivers... Don't get me wrong, it is possible to make an really anoying turn but I don't think that's the case here.
The fact that it's a long track doesn't bother me either, but again that's a personal opinion.
One thing I would definitely agree with is the low lighting in some tunnels, there is one at this track, if I remember correctly it's #3 from the picture. For the same reason I don't like night tracks much, but again, feel free to disagree #zuzwinker

So to sum it up, you could list many pros and cons for every track type, every lap lenght or even race length, but I think the diversity that we have makes it really nice and interesting to see and return week after week #zuzwinker
Go Sm!e #respekt

15. Aug 2012, 23:07
The following user would like to thank RR TTCO for this post
Roots Driver
Roots Driver||

Start Number: 0
I'm more long track guy so no problem there for me. The race is much more interesting that way, short tracks looks just like goin in circle.
As far as the track concerne I already wright it on server so i'll repeat myself; this track should be called rollercoaster.
Heres why; it's all about first big fall. If it's sucesfull you get wild and fun ride thru all track. I even don't mind bumpin once in i while here and there. BUT!
Problem is with this rollercoaster that the big fall have bug. Sometimes train stops, sometimes it flips out, sometimes safety belt get lose...
Thats no fun. Same here in track.
I don't enjoy rest of the track (and some corners are very nice, specialy that 17,18,19 combination, ) because from 10 times 8 times that first fall finish with some accident.
I'm ok with that first jump and narrow road but that bridge and turning left just aint cute cuple.
BUT number 2!
It will be very interesting race because of that. Who knows, maybe at the end of race I delete all this gibberish post and wright a poem about nice track called Ulm. #lach

15. Aug 2012, 23:30
The following user would like to thank RR Slaven for this post
Roots Driver
Roots Driver||

Start Number: 82
Sorry for the first corner,
but the small hill there is because of
the entry to the pit lane.

As I said it's my first map,
on the next i won't make such a passage
directly after start where the pit lane is...

So, I'm off for about 2 weeks,
I'm in a camp for one week now, have a nice time!

16. Aug 2012, 22:18
The following user would like to thank RR sm!e for this post
Roots Driver
Roots Driver||

Moin Smie also wen das nur wegen der Boxengasse is dann mal ne Idee #kopfkratz von mir arbeite mit langen Geraden bei Start/Ziel schade wegen dem Hügel is halt sehr entscheidend ansonsten kann ich mich mit deiner Arbeit #top anfreunden.

17. Aug 2012, 20:20
Profile ICQ
The following user would like to thank RR Icke for this post
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Start Number: 53
There is a 50% chance I won't make it to the race... In that case good luck and have fun to all #zuzwinker

19. Aug 2012, 16:13
The following user would like to thank RR TTCO for this post
Roots Rock Admin
Roots Rock Admin||

Highscores: 42
Start Number: 93
Man call him :: Dome
My first pole and very good pace on race. Was a bit hot so I stop for a little fresh air losing like 10 seconds but not bad. And then lose connection :/

GT Season I
GT Season II
KnockOut Season I
KnockOut Season II

19. Aug 2012, 20:53
Profile ICQ
The following user would like to thank RR Dome for this post
Driver and Poster
Driver and Poster||

Highscores: 19
Start Number: 13
Man call him :: Newspaperman
Nice race all! #top
Missing Robbi and Laurens, so Dome didn't have real competition but then he D/C #pfff
Congrat to Superluk though, and podium, especially to my teammate Slaven! Good race mate! #top
I finished 7-th behind Knoppers around 8-10 seconds! I did 3 big mistakes (2 in first turn, and 1 at that turn where you tilt), so I can be easily on 6-th place, but satisfied in the end...

Solid turnout, interesting race, and unexpected result! Review (and for Indy500) coming tomorrow afternoon! Cya guys! #wink

19. Aug 2012, 21:27
The following user would like to thank RR Cyrex for this post